Pearl Two

Hi guys,
thanks a lot for all your answers! I will check out the MOS-FET and the other ZTX450 transistors. Yes, I have a jumper in place for R15.

One more question:
Did you have problems in adjusting voltage between R16 and R17 with P1 to 0V DC? I find it very difficult, I am having drift to +- 0.3 V - is that normal?

Thanks
Poli

What clued you that ZVP3310 was bad? Did you measure ~ 10 mA current going into per Wayne's voltages diagram?

I used 10R instead of 10K on R7, R8 and R10. I think I get carried away stuffing all the 10Rs. After replacing them, found out that Q1 and Q3 were bad. Waiting for an order of ZTX450s.:usd: I only ordered 10.

Well,actually a post by someone having a bad ZVP. Voltages around mine were ok, but I thought I'd try to replace it anyway and fortunately that worked.

Hi guys,
thanks a lot for all your answers! I will check out the MOS-FET and the other ZTX450 transistors. Yes, I have a jumper in place for R15.

One more question:
Did you have problems in adjusting voltage between R16 and R17 with P1 to 0V DC? I find it very difficult, I am having drift to +- 0.3 V - is that normal?

Thanks
Poli

My voltages drift too. I replaced my dmm as it drifted in the mV range with the leads not connected. But even with the new one (Metrel 9040) the voltage drifts. I also noticed that it takes some time before the readings stabilise a bit. When connected I might get a few 100 mV or even over 1V, which then continually decreases to more normal voltages. I can get it to drift between ±30mV with occasional peaks around ±60mV. Also P1 is quite sensitive around the 0V point. Just a tiny bit of adjusting might get the voltage from say 80mV to -50mV.

What I do now is to let the Pearl II warm up for at least an hour, then conect the dmm and watch the voltage for quite some time, ocasionally adjusting P1 until I've got the feeling that I get satisfactory readings.

Good thing I have plenty of ZVP3310 on hand in case. Seems to be fairly common issue.

Not sure about the new Corvette. The one in blue looks OK - red looks very tacky. Do not see many Vettes here on the East Coast. 'The head of Chevy marketing, Chris Perry, acknowledges that too many people see it as the car of "the successful plumber."'

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The signal wire is surplus, it's a twisted teflon covered pair (about 22awg) in an outer teflon jacket. The outer jacket is, as you notice, about the color of kapton.

I believe it's plenum or in-the-wall rated. Nice audio wire, is you don't mind the color.