Pearl Two

I would like to read up on the X ono. You also mentioned someone had a clone version? I may just build both becasue thats what I like to do. Its almost an addiction.

I do not like your arogant attitude. Gramatic mistakes are normal for people whose mother tongue is not English. The last thing i wish is building inferior preamp to one I already have. I hope one day Wayne will publish XP-15 project. It will be real chalenge. Wayne designed this preamp for beginners just like you .

It is an addiction, every time I look at my "Nagard" ONO, eyecandy:drool:. The ONO is better then the Pearl 1 (build that one too). I give the Pearl 1 an 8- and the ONO a 9. The effort & cash to finish my Ono was enough to build 3 Pearls ! Trying to reach audioheaven is like a fata morgana :):(
Happy Dying with the Pearl 2 everybody !

I would like to read up on the X ono. You also mentioned someone had a clone version? I may just build both becasue thats what I like to do. Its almost an addiction.
X Ono is one of the most often cloned piece of hi end eq. Try to contact Mr, Dragan nicknamed here as Nagard and see if he still offers his PCB-s.
Another solution is German RstAudio . They have well written X Ono project and offer boards.

'd to the g' is correct, kamis. It was your use of absolutes.

I was not correcting your grammar, it was YOUR arrogant attitude.

I'm glad you love your version of a Pass phono stage.

But if you are going to come on this thread, and "put down" the Pearl 2, without ANY real testing, please leave the thread. OK?;)

kamis said
Wayne designed this preamp for beginners just like you .
Oh, is that YOUR arrogant attitude???:p

Last edited:
But if you are going to come on this thread, and "put down" the Pearl 2, without ANY real testing, please leave the thread. OK?;)
Can't be any real testing until we have the real circuit :rolleyes:

And yes, everyone, we can all use a little less arrogance today. It's alright to chill a bit. :cool:

for now, X ono comments are not so useful. Any more discussion of Ono should probably be taken elsewhere for now.

What I would really like to see a comparison *after* some Pearl 2's have been built. (comparisons of Pearl 2, X ono, pearl 1, others?) Seeing as how that's impossible right now, we can do without the conjecture.

I'm sure the X ono is better, but maybe not enough to warrant *my* extra time. To each his own...

Any chance at getting a BOM before the board is released? That way I could have all the parts ready to go when I get the boards. You might still be tweaking and not want to release the BOM, I totally understand, just thought I'd ask in case it was feasible.

Thank you for all of your work on the pearl, I look forward to getting to build one.

Sincerely,
Aaron.

I hope this doesn't spoil the fun, but I didn't do anything but loading Wane's schematic into PS, then I decreased the brightness value. And voila...

Attachments

• p2_val.gif
    p2_val.gif
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,439
I hope this doesn't spoil the fun, but I didn't do anything but loading Wane's schematic into PS, then I decreased the brightness value. And voila...

hmm.

If I look at the original pdf directly on my monitor, that stuff is not visible, but off axis it is.

It reminds me of how people were able to read the blacked out parts from the 9/11 commission report.

hmm.

If I look at the original pdf directly on my monitor, that stuff is not visible, but off axis it is.
It reminds me of how people were able to read the blacked out parts from the 9/11 commission report.

quite interesting! I do see it if I turn my monitors contrast waay down.

I don't think I'll be buying anything based off of that, since it could easily have changed. (won't stop me from seeing what parts I have on hand) otherwise I'll just wait until I have the PCB's in hand...

Suppose now we can start some analysis though ;-)

...or fully "open" the screen of your laptop and look at the schematic from a very open angle...and the values magically will appear...

;) sorry Wayne, it's :santa2::devilr:

And many, many thanks, I can't wait...

Only a comment: 7824/7924: there's room for improvement, I think:D

Guido

Congrats Holger! Member GuidoR spot the trick on Dec. 29th 2009.....
and when I changed the pdf background colour the day after all the correct values immediately appeared......

P.S. Designatiions and values are printed in white over a white sheet....

Last edited: