5 watt class a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, I did. But I will increase the value of C1, C2 and maybe C6, C8, and I will see. And if you look the specification you have -1dB @ 10KHz and 20KH with the "bass booster". Nothing about linearity however... I think it can be tweaked.
And the yield (hope this is the french "rendement" ) seems to be far better than the F5 or aleph.

Yes, I did. But I will increase the value of C1, C2 and maybe C6, C8, and I will see. And if you look the specification you have -1dB @ 10KHz and 20KH with the "bass booster". Nothing about linearity however... I think it can be tweaked.
And the yield (hope this is the french "rendement" ) seems to be far better than the F5 or aleph.

what ? are you serious ?

I would say, it is a SRPP topology. Also of interest with MOSFETs see pdf attachement below. But you can downscale each topology to each output power through reducing the voltage supply.

I never used mosfet. But it is aproximately the same thing, I think. I will try your schematic.

Both, (I mean le monstre et le "zero component amplifier" waste a lot in heat. Thats why I dont wnat to use them. Here you must dissipate only 17watt/ channel. Look here:
Miniature Class A Amplifier

Adason, I have look to the other thread. May I ask some questions please?

Why do you use 4 heatsinks? (the black one on the left side of the picture)

I will use the upper half of this power supply:

Capacitance Multiplier Power Supply Filter

with 10000uF (or more) instead 4700uF. My transformer is a 25V/2A. I dont understand very clearly if you tryied this supply version. If yes, does it work, please?

Can you post a graphic file of your pcb, please?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
"Why do you use 4 heatsinks? (the black one on the left side of the picture)"

I used four heatsinks because there are two power transistors (Q2 and Q3) which need to dissipate a lot of heat. I have separate heatsink for each, two per channel, so there are four heatsinks total. Each transistor is mounted without insulator, just paste. One heatsink is black, do not know the reason, but it is identical to the other channel.

Attachments

• ZEN SRPP schem.pdf
    10.6 KB · Views: 177
  • ZEN SRPP, SRPP frequency response .pdf
    8.8 KB · Views: 105
  • ZEN SRPP, ZEN frequency response .pdf
    7.4 KB · Views: 73
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.