Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th December 2003, 01:35 AM   #11
akb1212 is offline akb1212  Norway
diyAudio Member

Ok

I have plans for batteries too, so I'll answer this thread even if it is rather old.

I have free access to as many (used but not complete used up)24Ah 12V UPS sealed lead acid batteries I want. (I have about 50 of them here at home now )

There fore I want to use them on ALL my amps, even the Aleph-X' I'm building

On the power amps all I intend to do is to use them as big caps (a'la Monster by Hiraga). By using a regulator to control the voltage to exactly 2.275 (+/- 0.005 V) for each cell it is possible to apply the voltage at all time, and have the extra kick when you need it. (After all the output impedance of the batteries are in the 10 mohm range....)

You can connect as many cells in series as long as you control the voltage.

If you are thinking of using them for charging and then use (not charging while in use) you should probably use a charger circuit that is controlling the charging in phases. But if you want to use one simple voltage regulator you should be fine by using this voltage. But charging will be considerably slower.

For a more in depth tutorial on charging this kind of batteries take a look here: http://www.yuasa-battery.de/ and take a look under Technicalities and Charging. There is also other useful info there.

I have no connection with them.....

Anders

Hide this!Advertise here!