B1 builders thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone any experience of this kit ?

Upgrade 3Pcs PGA2311 Volume remote control preamplifier | eBay

I'm still using the ALPS pot, waiting for my:

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Stepped attenuator - No. 2.

The PGA2311 does look quite impressive on its spec sheet - how is it to the ears ?

We have used an other ebay kit with PGA2311 (it has the same circuit design)
LCD_KIT_003.jpg

LCD_KIT_004.jpg

How is it to the ears ?
Excellent, with open stage and very analytic sound!
Don't puts any "colour" on sound.
Keeps the same "character" on sound with passive output dac, also

The only handicap is the remote control. It "plays" with other controls like dvd or media players. Special from those from China, Taiwan e.t.c

This kit - with PGA2311 - can improoved with Sala's Shunt Regulators. With this PSU the kit is superior!

At the next photo, the original PSU has remooved and changed with the two Sala's SSLV 1.1

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Dalbani is on my list of preferred suppliers.
Some of their pricing is very competitive.
Their stock is large (huge).
Their customer service can be very good. I had a problem recently that was not quite resolved to my satisfaction, but maybe I'm a particularly difficult customer.

BOM confusion DCB1

I'm just ordering the components that I dont have for my DCB1 trial.

I'm confused with the BOM.

On the schematic there are 4 x 47R resistors fitted between VCC+, VCC- and the Sources of the IRFP240 and IRFP9240.

They do not seem to appear on the BOM.

I can guess that they should be 1W each but then they would be too big to fit the board.

The BOM does show 4 x 470R 0.5W Carbon types. The only 470R resistors on the scematic are Gate drivers which surel;y don't need to be 0.5W.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.