B1 builders thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The regulator board from from a Bob Ellis group buy: Scalable PSU/regulator GB

You are correct about the pot, it is 10k and I'm looking for a good 25k replacement.

alps black beauty, i got mine on ebay :) i bought 2 because i want to compare the B1 with it, and just a passive pot!

OK...got the distortion issue sorted out... ***Ahem*** miiiight have put a zener diode in the board instead of the 1n*** type....***Ahem***...

Got it all pretty well stuffed in the Hifi2000 galaxy chassis. Might have to trim some wires though. And I still need to mount the board to the bottom plate.

It is dead quiet and does sound nice. The only thing I wish is that I could get a little more gain out of the F5. With the B1 wide open it is just slightly less than my ideal - home alone - loud listening level. For 90% of the time it would be fine.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

More progress...I mounted the PCB and JBwelded the power inlet to the floor of the chassis...

CIMG0143.jpg

lots of great builds.

here's my B1. DIY chassis with sanded aluminum and tung-oiled sapele. connectors are Switchcraft, wanky wire is Cardas, Clarity Caps, and a PEC pot. the 24V PS is an o-11 from AMB Labs AMB Laboratories DIY Audio Site in a Hammond black anodized chassis. the 10mm LEDs illuminate the interior and serve to indicate if the output is to speakers (blue), or muted and line-out to a headphone amp (slutty red) via the 3PDT switch on the front. i also installed a pair of RCAs for a subwoofer-out.

sounds fantastic "driving" my Amp4 and uFonkens^2. i just need to finish my F5 now :).

a big thanks to Nelson to sharing his knowledge and time, and to everyone else that contributes here at diyaudio.com.

:cheers:

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 588
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 615
  • 010 (2).jpg
    010 (2).jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 510
lots of great builds.

here's my B1. DIY chassis with sanded aluminum and tung-oiled sapele. connectors are Switchcraft, wanky wire is Cardas, Clarity Caps, and a PEC pot. the 24V PS is an o-11 from AMB Labs AMB Laboratories DIY Audio Site in a Hammond black anodized chassis. the 10mm LEDs illuminate the interior and serve to indicate if the output is to speakers (blue), or muted and line-out to a headphone amp (slutty red) via the 3PDT switch on the front. i also installed a pair of RCAs for a subwoofer-out.

sounds fantastic "driving" my Amp4 and uFonkens^2. i just need to finish my F5 now :).

a big thanks to Nelson to sharing his knowledge and time, and to everyone else that contributes here at diyaudio.com.

:cheers:

Beautiful setup!

Let's see the speakers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.