Yet Another Aleph2!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone! This is my first post to diyAudio, and I know u all dread seeing another Aleph amp appear here, but I just wanted to share my joy with you guys! I can safely say I finished most of the amp except the wiring, haven't thought of how I should tweak it yet. Please feel free to criticize my wrongdoings! You can also see the description here and other projects I've done on my homepage....

homepage

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
kenny_(00)_ said:
Hi everyone! This is my first post to diyAudio, and I know u all dread seeing another Aleph amp appear here, but I just wanted to share my joy with you guys! I can safely say I finished most of the amp except the wiring, haven't thought of how I should tweak it yet. Please feel free to criticize my wrongdoings!

Hi,

nice work,
but I'm not sure that only 4x15000uF are enough for one channel Aleph2? :scratch:

Regards

Hi again, the caps were salvaged from another amp. Though I didn't plan it this way, there is enough space for another bank of caps if i need more. What do u guys think of cerafine caps 22,000uf@50v? I think I would prefer a more punchy sound like the X series, if everything else can be recycled, maybe a drop-in driver board to make an "XA100"?

Ha, but Singapore is one of the most difficult countries in the world to get a chassis made! The casing's design is actually pretty simple, but drilling/filing the holes is definitely not! And they are rather expensive too. I had bought the heatsinks surplus, then had them reanodised. Turns out this arrangement is good for easy modding:nod: The I/O power switch and powercon were last minute additions as i couldnt resist them!

Here's an image of the almost complete amp:

Attachments

• aleph2i.jpg
    aleph2i.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,646
Hi dudes! Been a long time cause I was busy with work. But now I finally finished the Alephs! Before I go on, here are some measurements i took while testing:

Channel 1:
DC offset <1mV
temp rise ~30degs
ac current 0.9Arms@230v
PSU +/-46.5v (ref 230v)
PSU ripple 120mV

Channel 2:
DC offset <2mV
temp rise ~30degs
ac current 0.9Arms@230v
PSU +/-46.3v (ref 230v)
PSU ripple 110mV

Well, all seems fine except bias seems abit low, 200w instead of 300w. Checked all component values including R19 seems ok. Im quite happy with the offset, seems the mosfet matching pays off! If u guys detect any abnormal readings please inform me ok? I'll post pics once I get them loaded meanwhile gotta burn in the amps!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.