Bride of Zen with a small NFB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

A friend who have the Bride of Zen told me that there was saturation at high input volume, so I have done a simulation of the Bride of Zen with a small NFB and an input volume and an input rf filter. (I use Tina for simulation)

By keeping the nfb to the minimum I keep the distortions spectrum free from high frequencies harmonics.

Is there better ways to put a nfb in the Bride of Zen, or any suggestions ?

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Attachments

• preamp.jpg
    preamp.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 192
I don't know much about this circuit, but I'm not sure what you are aiming to do - if this design is saturating too early for your application I wouldn't have jumped to nfb as the solution ?

Hello Gareth

The Bride of Zen preamp belong to a friend, he call me and told me that there was a bit of distortions at high frequency wen there is a high level input.

So I've download the Bride of Zen schematic and I did a simulation at 1k hz and 10k hz.

At 10k hz in that simulation the distortion start a bit hard at 3 volt input.

And wen I ad a very small amount of nfb it was better and at 3 volt input the distortions was much more less and without high frequencies artefacts (it was done without the input volume pot) . But it's only a simulation.

I my simulation, the load for the preamp was 10k ohm.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.