Pass "DeLite" Amp from BAF

The new model will be called: The L-amp

Amid worries about global warming, there will be a new, environmentally-friendly model which will be at least 50% more efficient. It will kill two birds with one stone. The core idea is to illuminate your listening room while listening to music. At the back of the amp, you will find two sockets where you will plug your green floor-standing-halogen-lamp (not included). So, listen to music and save the earth:).

*Disclaimer: If you want to listen in a romantic mode (mood) and want to dim the lights, you may reduce voltage, thus increasing the distortion and decreasing the pleasure. However, it is assumed that this decrease of enjoyment will be overcompensated by other romantic means. :cool:

Sorry Papa, couldn't resist ! :cool: :rofl:

Attachments

• green.JPG
    green.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,180
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Big storm. Lucky I didn't go this week - the power is out
on the coast :)

The deluxe version of De-Lite needs a higher voltage
transformer. 75 VAC on secondary at is appropriate at
400 VA per channel.

:cool:

Found this,
http://www.antekinc.com/details.php?p=133
I have gotten transformers from them in the past and they were fine. A tad under 400VA per channel because they waste VA on 12v and 18v secondaries, but I think it would be OK..

When I ordered my 400VA 18v transformers I asked for a discount because I had read on diyAudio that he was giving one to DIYers, and he gave me the multiple price on one... so maybe $75 ea.? for this 75v 800VA model...... plus $10 shipping

Last edited:
How to light the DeLite

While we wait for the apple pie to come out of the oven, can we chat for awhile? I need information on how to determine what type of bulb to use. I ran across some Sylvania Resistance Lamps: 13C. The only info on the box was 240v 520W. They're about 4" in length and 3/4" in dia. Can this lamp work? If not, what specs should I look for or how can I determine if a particular lamp willl work in the DeLite?
Thanks,
David