B1 Buffer Preamp - FET choice?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
the LSK389b will work well in a B1.

The 389 is a pair of thermally coupled k170 in a single seven legged package. The tolerance in the spec is 0.9:1 i.e. a spread of <=11%. In practice they are likely to be much closer and good enough for a B1.
You will need to measure the Idss of both halves to find which is the higher Idss device in the package and then decide which of these is adopted as the upper device and which the CCS.

How much to a buy a pair of LSK389b?

A 1000 LSK389 will cost >$2000

Last edited:
Hi,
the LSK389b will work well in a B1.

The 389 is a pair of thermally coupled k170 in a single seven legged package. The tolerance in the spec is 0.9:1 i.e. a spread of <=11%. In practice they are likely to be much closer and good enough for a B1.
You will need to measure the Idss of both halves to find which is the higher Idss device in the package and then decide which of these is adopted as the upper device and which the CCS.

How much to a buy a pair of LSK389b?

A 1000 LSK389 will cost >$2000

Great!I am waiting of the quotation of LSK389B,but this means that I need to layout the PCB by myself.

If it helps any I've used a couple of different fet's in mine .

J310's which sounded very punchy , they also worked very nicely off a 12v battery .

2SK369's which I've settled on , not quite as dynamic as the J310's but much more refined sounding , they are far more neutral than the 310's which are probably injecting a bit of their own character .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.