Semisouth JFET's: What are they good for?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Due to only N devices avaible today, my first application is in a circlotron topology with gain.

Other good usage for me is in circuit as F xx or as Zen xx together Vfets, but in this moment i have some doubt about which devices to use as main voltage amplifier and which to use as CCS. :confused:

Francesco

Nelson's J2 circuit has elements of the Aleph-J and BA-1 from what I see.
Can't be too wrong to start somewhere around their. will ask cviller at BA-3 what's going on with those front end boards. :D
Yes, some iteration of the BA-1 would be great as I prefer balanced signal path most of the way to the speakers...

Maybe a circlotron output to try that with FETs 'cause it can sound awesome with tubes (check Atma-sphere).

Quoting the news article...

SiC is an emerging semiconductor technology enabling energy efficient operation of power conversion and power management in telecom power supplies, inverters in solar and high-frequency welding, future automotive electric vehicle platforms, and many other products. The promise of SiC is its ability to make power supplies and power inverters up to 75% more energy efficient, operate at up to eight times higher frequencies, run cooler and be physically much smaller. For example, SiC power JFETs are expected to increase the 'fuel' efficiency of hybrid electric vehicles and help make them more affordable.

If only they knew what we're actually doing with these ... :cheers:

Amp for the new Power J-Fets

I put my text here again, because I think ist is a better thread

Thinking about a new challenge for this kind of J-Fets, I have stopped at Jan Diddens home page.

He has rebuild the L'audiophile design "Nemesis"

http://www.linearaudio.nl/nemesis-1.htm

In my opinion this could be a new challenge for the new J-Fets?

How does the "new nemesis" sound?

Maybe Mr. Didden will give us some more information?

happy weekend to all

Sam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.