My new Aleph layout. Comments?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi diyers!
ya tis is e Aleph2 layout tat i did wif TraxMaker. Anyone using tis software? Im still figuring how to create a gerber for soldermask...:confused: It was a hard decision to choose between Aleph2 layout or Aleph4 cos Aleph4 layout can be used for Aleph4, Aleph1.2, Aleph5, etc. Anyway itz an easy job to author it b4 fabricate. I've attached a pic of my Aleph2. Comments on e layout?:goodbad: Yellow is e silkscreen, red is top layer (ground) n blue is e actual layout (bottom layer). Notice e thin traces for ground on bottom layer(blue)? Itz taken care of by e top layer(red). Board size is 6"x3". Actually i planned to send my gerbers to www.4pcb.com to get it prototyped for free as they r having tis "free protos for 1st timers". But after contacting them, i was told tat tis promo is open for US only...:bawling: Is there anyone in states who is interested to beta my layout willing to contact them n check about tis promo?:rolleyes: Or any suggestions to get it done in Asia. Or anywhere else as long itz cheap including S&H to Singapore. ;)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Saw e row of resistors? Inspired by Kristijan's layout at web.vip.hr/pcb-design.vip/ Thkz to kristijan-k.:)

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
I may perhaps be able to make enquiries for you in Malaysia. Given that I am in Kuala Lumpur, this would be the most practical and economical solution for you. However the chaps that I usually get to manufacture boards usually require an order of at least 20 pcs minimum.

I am not sure whether they do one off prototypes. Cost is very reasonable if compared with overseas.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
A friend of mine got boards made by custompcb, and out of the 10 boards, one had incomplete traces (a couple of others had extra copper spots), and overall, they did not appear to be of very high quality. I would only go with these people if you absolutely want the lowest price, and don't care about quality. They also shipped out a day later then quoted, causing the boards to get in on a monday instead of a friday.

--
Brian

Comments?

DIY enthusiasts,
comments on my layout? Any mistakes or ideas for a better design?:rolleyes:

Brian,
I was going thru ur layout n found tat C9 is connected differently. Y is tat so? Or mine is wrong?:scratch: Should I do tat too to make it more generic?:idea:

dvorak,
hopefully u r not refering to custompcb:goodbad: Plz get back to me soon. Im waiting anxiously for ur email!:nod:

Custom PCB

I have done 3 production runs of 10 panels with Custom PCB. The results were good, I had to wait a little longer than the website said but that was no big deal. They seem to be a startup and thier processes are getting better over time.

I have had nothing but pleasant experience dealing with them, very prompt and courteous replies to emails that are sent to them.

I would recommend that you give them a try.

Re: the missing picture above

Sorie all:innocent:
the picture of my Aleph2 in the 1st post above will sometimes be forbidden for viewing. So i'll attach it here now.:angel:

Attachments

• aleph2.gif
    aleph2.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 798
comment on PCB layout

I would try to avoid running power supply and any other lines parallel as much as possible. The way you have done it looks nice and tidy on screen but might not be the best from performance point of view. Might even cause unwanted oscillations.....

Ergo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.