Paid Member
he's not venerable

he's just white

:)

Attachments

• Mithrandir.jpg
    Mithrandir.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 659
I have 10 pcs SJEP120R100A brand new purchased directly from Semisouth in 2011. I may never use them, but I just can't bring myself to part with them.

How many you need get a matched pair?
FYI "A" does not mean made for audio it simply means amended and don't impart any audiophile magic to the part.
In case you want to part with them don't feel pressured about that 'A'. ;)

Last edited:
kinku said:
How many you need get a matched pair?
FYI "A" does not mean made for audio it simply means amended and don't impart any audiophile magic to the part.
In case you want to part with them don't feel pressured about that 'A'. ;)

The "A" does mean for audio. That's what Semisouth said when I purchased them. But I think it has something to do with the devices more closely matching the nominal specifications in the datasheet. Maybe hand sorting and of course charging the customer more for the parts.

I don't know how many would be needed to get a couple matched pairs.
I'm sure Mr Pass could answer that.

The "A" does mean for audio. That's what Semisouth said when I purchased them. But I think it has something to do with the devices more closely matching the nominal specifications in the datasheet. Maybe hand sorting and of course charging the customer more for the parts.

they just have a different Max reverse gate leakge voltage( Vgs), no means they are closely matching or anything of that sort.They were actually excluded parts for not matching stringent specs hence amended or 'A'. Whole point is don't lose your sleep over it and sell it to someone who may use them for a good cause!! :)

Last edited:
I'm surprised I still have the emails from Semisouth. I think I made some assumptions because of the "A" and "audio applications".

Anyway, here is excerpt from first email regarding SJEP120R100A:

"Please note that these products are intended primarily for audio applications."

Here is excerpt from another email:

"The difference between the SJEP120R100 and the SJEP120R100A is that the former has a Vgs -15 and the latter has a Vgs - 10."

Exactly ,some of those A devices are actually not expected to last either at high power dissipation settings.
It is used for audio just because it is not good for its intended use in power applications. You are still good for class A amps,just dont push them.
Just trying to fix the A misnomer as some folks are trying to sell them at exotic prices.
They actually were sold at lower prices for the above reasons when they were made.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

lucky you

no need to match them for J2