FirstWatt J2

In response -

I am using SIT1's above 75 hz.

Wasted? Not hardly - the two amps blend much better than any toy amp ever could for sub duty. Using Edgar's Seismic subs so there is plenty of power from the J2's. The SITs replaced one of my J2's. The other was sold to a friend.

Yes, the SIT is a superior amp is a surprisingly dramatic way. AS good as the J2 is (I lived with them for almost two years) the SIT was immediately perceived as MUCH better.

I have never purchased anything as expensive as the SITs in my audio life. I do not regret my purchase. (needless to say I am making payments on them!)

I was not pooh-poohing any of the suggestions - I said they were basic amp tweaks.

I singled out the LED one since there has been opinion on either side. I tend to think they are harmful but I have complete trust in Mr. Pass's sensibilities. I would think that if he thought the amps would sound better without he would not use them.

As far as the thermistors - I think Mr. Pass has said they do take a toll but, as with a fuse, it is a price we must pay. I have used fancy fuses and think I hear something. In fact, I have one in the J2.

In the SIT manual Mr. Pass says no fuse substitutions so I have left the stock fuse in there. Sure my curiosity is killing me ...

I am using SIT1's above 75 hz.

Wasted? Not hardly - the two amps blend much better than any toy amp ever could for sub duty. Using Edgar's Seismic subs so there is plenty of power from the J2's. The SITs replaced one of my J2's. The other was sold to a friend.

Yes, the SIT is a superior amp is a surprisingly dramatic way. AS good as the J2 is (I lived with them for almost two years) the SIT was immediately perceived as MUCH better.

I have never purchased anything as expensive as the SITs in my audio life. I do not regret my purchase. (needless to say I am making payments on them!)

I was not pooh-poohing any of the suggestions - I said they were basic amp tweaks.

I singled out the LED one since there has been opinion on either side. I tend to think they are harmful but I have complete trust in Mr. Pass's sensibilities. I would think that if he thought the amps would sound better without he would not use them.

As far as the thermistors - I think Mr. Pass has said they do take a toll but, as with a fuse, it is a price we must pay. I have used fancy fuses and think I hear something. In fact, I have one in the J2.

In the SIT manual Mr. Pass says no fuse substitutions so I have left the stock fuse in there. Sure my curiosity is killing me ...

I like this version better. It is more helpful. Leave unhelpful drivel to me:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if you like , I can ship them with my pic on bottom plate

or engraved on front

Attachments

• artist.gif
    artist.gif
    3 KB · Views: 1,161
I've got the building itch. I'm VERY impressed with the Aleph4 that I've inherited. It works perfectly with the B&W 683's that came with the amp. Nelson states that the Aleph J was the best of the Alephs, would it suit the less than efficient B&Ws? I do find that the 100W of the Aleph4 give them the headroom that makes them sound magic.