Burning Amplifier BA-2

Joined 2011
Paid Member
dear zen mod

think I found the problem. I use this power supply
and there are to outputs from my torrodial +25 -25 and I connected them both..1 on the left side and one on the right side. removed one of them ten volt is 25....

so guess i need to go for single rail ??

so ...what do you think?
2. think i blow up something?? no smoke or exessive heat...

Attachments

• powersupply.jpg
    powersupply.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I think that this is pic of article on which FW is used without permission

further - my crystal ball is muddy these days , so I can't imagine how you populate and connected that bare pcb from pic

hold your horses ; you're playing with some money , serious amount of energy and - most important - mains voltage ;
so - lack of knowledge and experience you must compensate with careful planning and thinking ;

I said - post pictures of your work , so we can see and comment

search forum for bulb tester ; convenient tool for novices

Joined 2011
Paid Member
pics tomorrow morning

and thank you for helping me out.
already scrapped a china set from this guy do to copyrighs, so i toght i've would at least save thes boards since they are already populated with kendeil and what not.. wallet will probly die if i have to scrap them 2... :(
pics comming soon. thanks

Joined 2011
Paid Member
power supply

hello.

input torrodial 230v blue brown. sec1 black red 18v. sec2 orange red 18v
So after meassurement this is what i have:
output rectifier 1: 16,6 vdc
output rectifier 2: 16,7 vdc

so question is : how do i connect this ? se 3 post earlier for cond bank that i use. ( have 2 of them) but really wanted to use only one.

pics of amp to come in a few hours :)

ps. Zen Mod: the letters of FW onboard will immediatly be removed. I bought this item before I knew of this "copyright" violation. So when I was told I made a donation to pay for my sins :)

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
pics

so here some pics. if I could only get them uploaded!!!!! seems there is a problem with uploading now...
when only 1sec is con. I get 25vdc on the powerboard. problem is when I con. the 2sec from torrodial then I get 50v. so.... what to do? think I read somwhere a while ago that there should be a way to con 2 secondaries... thank you all for any help.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.323986057632143.84441.100000622533370&type=1

only place I could upload the pics

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
for now they'r not twisted. but the problem is getting it up and running, or should I say them (have 2 monoblocks)
for now Im getting 50 vdc to psu when 2 sec is connected... look at pics.. see I disconnected one sec. and then I have 25v soooooooo whats wrong ??

the or/yel are not twisted on their route to the rectifier.
I wonder if the red/blk are similarly untwisted?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
first - search for "bulb tester" ( AndrewT is strong proponnt of that tool , with reason) ;

make one

connect amp via BT (say that 40-60W is good for start)

disconnect amp pcbs from PSU and test just PSU

from pics I see that you connected Graetzs as needed - check polarity 3 times before powering up!

power up and measure voltage on each output

BT will lit brightly and dim after sec-2 if everything is OK

if BT is bright for prolonged time , something is wrong

measure voltage between each + and gnd - you can expect DC voltage in range Vac x 1.41

measure voltage between each - and gnd - same voltage ( opposite polarity , off course)

example - for 18Vac secondaries , you can expect 18x1,41~25Vdc

when you are done with that , report here

but first !! write what wire colors are written on xformer - we need to check did you connected secondaries as needed

Last edited: