Burning Amplifier BA-2

This is me right now (the guy with the guitar), but the wires are tangled... ;)

Attachments

• 450px-Seattle_Center_puppeteer.jpg
    450px-Seattle_Center_puppeteer.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,111
It has been a while since last I looked at the schematics, but after refreshing my memory it kinda makes less sense to spend too much effort on doing a cascoded version. Having previously played around with the diff pair on the aleph j, I would say that we would probably not hit the sweet spot or even the DC stable spot in our first attempt, if we decide to cascode the input, and it is not as simple as with the F5 - it can be done, but the design will be approaching an opamp.

Furthermore, the whole idea behind the Burning Amps is that we get some really nice general purpose output stages to play around with, and this frontend is just the beginning - but what a beginning! :cool:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks for pitching in on our diversion! BTW: We're close to getting ready to order the boards. :D

Do you think it is worth it to expand the boards slightly to accommodate this cascode option?

ya nutz?

ya know already what's meaning and result of democracy in DIY ?

never ending thread/project ........ :rofl:

just make it .... and let them bleed..... oups - complain ;

because - always someone will complain ; if nobody else - me & Metaldanske & Jaccovitty

:rofl:

Joined 2007
Paid Member
ya nutz?

ya know already what's meaning and result of democracy in DIY ?

never ending thread/project ........ :rofl:

just make it .... and let them bleed..... oups - complain ;

because - always someone will complain ; if nobody else - me & Metaldanske & Jaccovitty

:rofl:

I have to agree, if we debate every possible mod in the first rev we're never gonna get a consensus. Sometimes you just have to cut the cord, or the trace. Plus it'll force us modifiers to learn if it's not handed to us on a silver platter ;)

I might have a slight bias: my BA-2 chassis has been collecting dust for over a year waiting for the stars to align... one day it will make beautiful music :)