Burning Amplifier BA-2

Joined 2009
Paid Member
:):):)oh ZenMod,

I have holidays......:D:D:D:D:D

I hear music very often the last days, Mile Davis, John McLaughlin, Yello and many other good things.

I did not change BA-1, the sound is very pleasing.

.....but I want to know what changes when I go back to push-pull!

and the board dimensions of BA-1 and BA-2 are very similar, so change is easy.

All is done without stress I want to keep holiday feeling.....

I hope you are well toooooooooooooo!:cheers:

Maybe the 1 instead? thinking the 2 as most car speakers are 4 ohm. Could bridge each amp to drive one speaker or run as stereo. I want to build a competition system with just 5 or 6 speakers, have OW1FS tweets and Rev 5 for the front and probably stuff a 12 under the dash somewhere. Be interesting experiment except I know I can't put the amps together.

Is it for a SPL competition? If so, then you are at the wrong place... this amp draws a lot of current relative to how much sound pressure you can produce with it - and this holds true for basically all the amps here at pass-labs forum. If you want something efficient, you should check out some low biased AB or class D amps.

No, hate SPL. This is for SQ competition. Just wanted something different and the best sounding amps possible. Everything new on the market is super small footprint class D which all sound like ***. I have had a lot of high end amps in my car, just looking for something unique.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Its classA rating is into 8ohm load
If you have 4ohm car speakers you will get half output in classA
And a balanced/bridged design will see yet half of that load

Another problem is the symmetric +/- supply
I a car you have 0/12V

Anyway, I would be think twice before putting DIY amps into a car, unless you know how to handle it

2 batteries on one rail and 2 on the other... + & - 26Volts :D
Your on your own figuring out how to charge them though :confused:

Charging them wouldn't be too hard. One could just use some HD relays to reconfigure the connections for two different modes: batteries in series for powering F5, batteries in parallel for charging. Of course you wouldn't be able to charge while listening to music with this kind of setup but it would be simple and cheap to do.

Last edited: