F5 - Antek 4218 Wiring Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I want to be sure I have the wiring on the primaries correct.

Red/red and black/black tied together to obtain 115v?

Not red/black and red/black?

The label on the transfo say 115 red/blk 115 red/blk.
The PDF image shows:

red/blk on 1 winding and red/blk on the other.

I'm just a bit confused and I want to get this right.

thanks,

vince

My 4218 also has a purple labeled shield. Any ideas what to do with that one??

With all due respect, this is a transformer and is capable of delivering a massive voltge and current. If there is any mistake, the consequences are huge. At the very least you could wipe out all your work and at the very most you could hurt youself or burn down your house. The list goes on.

If there is any doubt about the wiring, you should contact Antek and verify the identity of the wires.

This DIY forum seems to have a number of folks who take a casual approach to transformers, power supplies etc.

With all due respect, this is a transformer and is capable of delivering a massive voltge and current. If there is any mistake, the consequences are huge. At the very least you could wipe out all your work and at the very most you could hurt youself or burn down your house. The list goes on.

If there is any doubt about the wiring, you should contact Antek and verify the identity of the wires.

This DIY forum seems to have a number of folks who take a casual approach to transformers, power supplies etc.

Why assume that I don't realize how dangerous this transformer is? Of course I do thats why I ask the question. A "casual approach" I think not, I may be new at this but not stupid!! If some of you were kinder to newbies maybe we could all enjoy the forum more.

Why assume that I don't realize how dangerous this transformer is?
"With all due respect, this is a transformer and is capable of delivering a massive voltge and current. If there is any mistake, the consequences are huge..."
Where does Mr Terragon say he has assumed, or otherwise thinks you don't know. In fact, prefacing his reply with "With all due respect" is trying to avoid the feelings you are obviously feeling but did not recognize?
A "casual approach" I think not, I may be new at this but not stupid!!
He said "This DIY forum seems to have a number of folks who take a" let me point out the begining of his sentance "This DIY forum seems to have..." Are you the Forum? I'll leave the "stupid" for you to digest.
If some of you were kinder to newbies maybe we could all enjoy the forum more.
I think Mr terragon did a good job of replying to you and others without stepping on toes or to much insulting phrasing. NewBs haa? Maybe you Assume to much? He was addressing many and not just you with much of what he said. If some of you were kinder to the knowledgable you might not be treated like "newbies".

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.