F5 - Antek 4218 Wiring Question - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th May 2011, 03:35 AM   #11
mk57 is offline mk57  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithTarragon View Post
With all due respect, this is a transformer and is capable of delivering a massive voltge and current. If there is any mistake, the consequences are huge. At the very least you could wipe out all your work and at the very most you could hurt youself or burn down your house. The list goes on.

If there is any doubt about the wiring, you should contact Antek and verify the identity of the wires.

This DIY forum seems to have a number of folks who take a casual approach to transformers, power supplies etc.
Old 6th May 2011, 03:43 AM   #12
mk57 is offline mk57  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithTarragon View Post
With all due respect, this is a transformer and is capable of delivering a massive voltge and current. If there is any mistake, the consequences are huge. At the very least you could wipe out all your work and at the very most you could hurt youself or burn down your house. The list goes on.

If there is any doubt about the wiring, you should contact Antek and verify the identity of the wires.

This DIY forum seems to have a number of folks who take a casual approach to transformers, power supplies etc.
Why assume that I don't realize how dangerous this transformer is? Of course I do thats why I ask the question. A "casual approach" I think not, I may be new at this but not stupid!! If some of you were kinder to newbies maybe we could all enjoy the forum more.
Old 6th May 2011, 03:57 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

mk57
Old 6th May 2011, 04:35 PM   #14
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCOne View Post
Call Jon at Antek. I had a question about one of his 4 output toroids and he answered it immediately.
I have found Jon to be very helpful, and the product is quite good.

Old 6th May 2011, 04:53 PM   #15
flg is offline flg  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk57 View Post
Why assume that I don't realize how dangerous this transformer is?
"With all due respect, this is a transformer and is capable of delivering a massive voltge and current. If there is any mistake, the consequences are huge..."
Where does Mr Terragon say he has assumed, or otherwise thinks you don't know. In fact, prefacing his reply with "With all due respect" is trying to avoid the feelings you are obviously feeling but did not recognize?
Quote:
A "casual approach" I think not, I may be new at this but not stupid!!
He said "This DIY forum seems to have a number of folks who take a" let me point out the begining of his sentance "This DIY forum seems to have..." Are you the Forum? I'll leave the "stupid" for you to digest.
Quote:
If some of you were kinder to newbies maybe we could all enjoy the forum more.
I think Mr terragon did a good job of replying to you and others without stepping on toes or to much insulting phrasing. NewBs haa? Maybe you Assume to much? He was addressing many and not just you with much of what he said. If some of you were kinder to the knowledgable you might not be treated like "newbies".

Last edited by flg; 6th May 2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 6th May 2011, 05:05 PM   #16
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

PASS forum used to be one of best behaving, and always friendly

please try to keep it that way

moderation
Old 6th May 2011, 06:29 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Thank you FLG, You understood both my intent and my concern.
Old 7th May 2011, 12:05 AM   #18
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

yeah

I don't know nuttin

and I confess that I don't know nuttin

but I know enuff that you're makin' fun of me

disclaimer - someone told me that I need to read da bloody manual , but that guy is also ignorant and abusive

Hide this!Advertise here!