Which F?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, suppose I have an active speaker project coming together. Suppose also that its a 3way using a B&C DE250 on a Geddes 12" waveguide for treble and a Lambda TD12M (96db/w) for mid and a TD15X for bass (powered by a UcD 400).

Which F's (or Alephs, or otherwise?) would you build for the DE250's and TD12M? No passive components betwixt and between.

I have a dozen Lovultech JFETs if it matters. I have 4 of the big Conrad heatsinks that I bought in one of the prior group buys.

If it makes a difference suppose I have a DEQX HDP3 and the crossover points will be ~1khz and 200-300hz.

If it also matters, tubes are my reference as I tend to prefer them most times and that is what I've built to date (aside from UcD amps). Also, I am not really a little girl with a guitar music person. I tend to prefer progressive metal and large scale orchestral. Jazz ain't really my cupa-T.

Last edited:
i am interested on this concept also

Bi-amp or Tri-Amp.

Im using F5 with MarkAudio Alpair 10FR, i got nothing to complain, except my living room quite large prob 35-40m2 and still got hallway to the room and path to the kitchen. Which i feel the dynamics is not enough.

The sound is remarkable, detailed, sweet and precise.

Im lusting for the dynamics that i heard from platinum audio solo in my friend's place powered by 80watts Tube amp :D

Nelson use F5 for the bass and F3 and upcoming J2 for his Fullrange, i think that give us a hint where to go ;)

cheers

Joined 2006
Paid Member
i am interested on this concept also

Bi-amp or Tri-Amp.

Im using F5 with MarkAudio Alpair 10FR, i got nothing to complain, except my living room quite large prob 35-40m2 and still got hallway to the room and path to the kitchen. Which i feel the dynamics is not enough.

The sound is remarkable, detailed, sweet and precise.

Im lusting for the dynamics that i heard from platinum audio solo in my friend's place powered by 80watts Tube amp :D

Nelson use F5 for the bass and F3 and upcoming J2 for his Fullrange, i think that give us a hint where to go ;)

cheers

I bi-amp as well. F5 certainly very good on the bottom. F3,F5 good as well on top. My woofers are 2 Eminence Alpha-15a's wired in parallel in open baffle.

Mike

Joined 2006
Paid Member
TeaBag can i have more details?

thanks

I can try -
I am using a Vistaton NoBox like setup. Two Woofs on bottom, a Lowther DX4 and a Fostex T90A-ex on top. A notch filter similiar to Basszilla,

The F5 can drive low ohm, so I hook it up to T-bass first
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130679&highlight=t-bass
This can help a bit with low end extension.

The signal for the bass goes to a DEC2496 crossover. The Top F5 goes to mid-ups via passive network.

If I do it again, I will make the baffles a bit bigger, but wood working, is a weak spot for me. I had a friend help. I really like open baffle, and the F5, with T-bass or not, seems to 'image' bass as well, first time I really noticed that. It's not subwoofer bass, but is real, and does not leave me wanting for more. My listening area is part of a 35x20 room, so they maybe too much for a smaller room.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.