Beast with a Thousand JFETs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's become the Beast With 2,352 Jfets.

:cool:

I see this amp like honey comb...every little bee adds a little drop, and the sound becomes as sweet as honey...

Attachments

• honey.jpeg
    honey.jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,093
I think this project is awesomely insane :)

I don't think so. And if the sonic quality is according to the expectations (also in the relation of the linearity), this beast could be translate in a special integrated circuit design comparable to the M.E.T (LAPT) bjt versions mentioned about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...istor-families-audio-power-output-stages.html
for serial production.
For me such a design could be an integrated circuit outline like the SANYO STK-Series or SANKEN's MT-100 (2SC2922) design - pictures are to see about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...ic-integrated-circuit-amplifier-overview.html and
Counterfeit Transistors
read also my post #44 - the mentioned design with preamp tubes for an power amp there is actually the same basic idea.

I'm definitely looking forward to the reports on the results

Last edited:
nar said:
I think this project is awesomely insane
I don't think so.

By insane, I ment by the number of devices and realization; using "awesomely" just in front, I meant that this is a great project :) That's all, so don't misunderstand :) English's not my primary language, so I might not be clear in all cases. Hope the smiley was however

I definitely support this project

nAr

By insane, I ment by the number of devices and realization; using "awesomely" just in front, I meant that this is a great project :) That's all, so don't misunderstand :) English's not my primary language, so I might not be clear in all cases. Hope the smiley was however

I definitely support this project

nAr

I understood exactly what you were saying.

Insane, awesome, sick, are all positives in my book.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Linear Systems will have a table at Burning Amp. And Paul Norton, the guy you probably talked to, will be there with others, to hand out some samples and T-shirts, as well as answer questions. Things are looking up for availability. In the new state, everyone will had a Beast of a Thousand JFETS and a chicken in every pot...

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.