Beast with a Thousand JFETs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jeez - how many 2sk170s do you need to come up with a matched millennia?

here's a hint -- 2sk170's are graded in 3 bins -- GR, BL and V. It's my guess that the devices are normally distributed around ~6.6 mA Idss and the bottom part of the tail (below idss of nominally 5, but in actuality 6) is cut off. Hard for me to know if the top of the tail are outliers, but I suspect so.

Depending upon the "precision" you need, this should give you a pretty good estimate!

This would be an excellent "guess the number of jellie beans in the glass jar" question. There oughta be a prize!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Heat? I heard someone immersed some amp on oil...maybe vaseline, with its many uses :D, could also work.
Regards,
M

Hmmm - cooking oil heated by 1000 (at least) FET's = deep fried [your choice of food]. This is something we know a lot about in da South!!

Attachments

• Donut frier.jpg
    Donut frier.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 2,895
Nelson,
With the number of jfets you consume you should be able to get Toshiba or someone else to make a new batch of complementary 109's or even a power jfet to your specs. Just the members alone on this forum would be quite a large order.
What are the actual dimensions of that pcb?

Tad

Variac and Elena and Jill and I all went to see Thievery Corporation at the Warfield a couple years back.

The performances were awesome but the sound system sucked.

Tosca / Suzuki

After getting into building my hi-fi system, concerts don't cut it anymore!
But yeah, I didn't realize they used all real instruments. I was very impressed when I saw them live! Most bands Ive seen w/ a very large stage show get sloppy, but thievery corp managed to stay right on the entire time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.