Fqa12p20 Fqa19n20c Discontinuation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
One of my current favorite Mosfet pairs, the Fairchild FQA12P20 and
FQA19N20C are slated to be discontinued before the end of the year.

These have been the favored parts for the F5, as the P channel parts
have lower distortion, particularly for Common Source usage.

:cool:

I happen to have some contacts in the excess inventory business and one says that they can get the FQA12P20 at $2/part with a $200 minimum so obviously 100 pieces. This is from what they call a reliable source that has qty 1000 on hand. I have no need for even 100 pieces but I thought I'd just mention it here to see if Nelson or anyone else is interested. I have no idea how reliable there so called "reliable" source is.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
One of my current favorite Mosfet pairs, the Fairchild FQA12P20 and
FQA19N20C are slated to be discontinued before the end of the year.

These have been the favored parts for the F5, as the P channel parts
have lower distortion, particularly for Common Source usage.

:cool:

These are still the primo choice for the F5 and Turbo editions.

I got a few question for the Master -
Does the FQA19N20C and FQA19N20 make any difference here? I am searching for sources of both. It seems the CISS is most important here with these parts compared to other fairchild brother parts.

Also, these buggers seem hard to match with what I have on hand. They drift pretty hard with current, what's your method for matching them?

Does the FQA19N20C and FQA19N20 make any difference here? I am searching for sources of both. It seems the CISS is most important here with these parts compared to other fairchild brother parts.

Also, these buggers seem hard to match with what I have on hand. They drift pretty hard with current, what's your method for matching them?

How many pieces are in the lot you are trying to get matches from? Same date code etc? I imagine matched quads will be especially difficult to get considering the devices are obsolete.

I am almost done with matching 130 pairs of these. I measure each device at 1.5A and 0.5A and didn't find them behave very different from the IRF's. As the current goes up, so does the Vgs. I found them very stable once they reach stable operating temp. Can you describe what did you mean by drifting?

Thanks,

I am almost done with matching 130 pairs of these. I measure each device at 1.5A and 0.5A and didn't find them behave very different from the IRF's. As the current goes up, so does the Vgs. I found them very stable once they reach stable operating temp. Can you describe what did you mean by drifting?

Thanks,

Did you get 130 pairs that match or did you start with a lot of 130 pairs?

My batch have 2 date codes, but both codes have Vgs span across the range. N's have much more narrow range, but the P's are ridiculous, almost 0.5V between the lowest and the highest Vgs, and they are of the same date code!!

Michael, how many do you have? I can share with you my measurement, maybe we can combine to get more matches. If you are interested, email me via the forum.

To Labjr,

I started from a lot of 130 pairs.

To ra7,

Yes, F5 doesn't require matching, but you want 2 channels to be similar, then you may want 2 match pairs. If you want to go more than one pair of output devices (like F5 Turbo), then you will want matches for sure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.