Aleph 2 Built But Some Questions Remaining

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built one of my monoblocks using Kritijan's excellent boards. I have 3X47,000 uF and one 10uf MKP on each rail-I have not yet purchased the 2.2mH inductors(fairly expensive) to make it a CLC design. It sound good to me as it is and was wondering whether I would notice any difference with the inductors?

Also I see comments re coupling Z5 with a 1uf capacitor-is this worthwhile?

Are there any other mods I should incorporate?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I think inductors make it sound a bit better, you could make it a CRC supply in the meantime, roughly the same performance. The 1uF cap across Z5 quiets the zener, i've never run an Aleph without it, less noise is usually better, especially for the front end.

this thread tells you basically all you need to know to better the Aleph: Here

Joined 2003
Paid Member
My first Aleph used inductors for a few months, after I blew that one up, I built another and switched to CRC for another few months just to hear if there was actually a difference. It was hard to actually tell if there was a difference between the two; whatever difference there was, it was marginally better using inductors. You'll be perfectly fine with CRC, and when budget permits, you can upgrade to CLC and compare, that's truly the only way to know.

Have a look here for cheap inductors, they're slightly imperfect, but they'll do the job, I bought a few from this company, and they're fine:

INDUCTOR

-john

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.