diy XA30.5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I am sorry I am asking this question but I would like to know if there is a diy equivalent to the XA30.5. In all of my research this amp and its bigger siblings have gotten the most incredible reviews.

I want to buy one but I don't have the cash to pay for it. Anyone want to share their thoughts?

Re: Hi!

zeonrider said:

Why??????

Regards zeoN_Rider

I received an e-mail notification that there was a reply. On my computer it showed that Idefixes posted his original comments again. That made me think I posted the wrong link. Once I replied back his second post no longer showed. That made me edit my post asking for people to ignore it. My bad.

tf1216 said:

Is there anyone selling a completed or nearly completed versions of this amplifier?
Well, I think that would be Pass Labs :cool:

Anything else constructed close to this, such as the UGS effort, at the very least would only be for personal use, not for resale.

I don't know what your abilities are, but many have started modestly with some of the easier to build First Watt amps and been very pleased with the results and learned a lot in the process. I really like my F4's and F5 I built and they were not difficult at all. And the return to me was enormous. Do I still want an XA30.5? - yes, absolutely, but my budget doesn't permit it either. In the meantime I still have very good amps to enjoy thanks to NP and the generous assistance of folks on this board.

There is another thread and group buy starting up for the Aleph J with an X option that might get you very close.

DIY Aleph J PCB group buy with X option

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.