An F1 clone comes alive. Again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As I threatened to do, I've pulled the F1 channel banks from my F1/F2 clone into a new chassis.

I've a few build up pics on a camera I can't find... Mostly of the PS stack buildup. Basically, the PS PCB on long standoffs over the transfo that has a sheet metal shield.

You can see where I hacksawed the clone F1 channel boards in half, ran jumpers & mounted them to 8" x 8" heatsinks. Heatsinks retail about $28 USD each but snagged 4 for $40 shipped from the bay.

Amp has a main A/C in & a zipcord A/C trigger connected to a 120VAC relay. So 3-prong plug goes in wall, 2-prong A/C trigger to pre-amp switched outlet.

Idea is that this sits on the floor behind one of the speakers & wires run to it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Sounds great & came out exactly like I wanted... Thanks to NP again for making it possible for us to build these:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.