BF862 Preamp

No, they are all pretty much close in Idss (12-14mA, most of them about 13mA)

Right
You can use lower value for gate stopper, Scott Wurcer says that even ferrite bead is enough

I just suggested it, syn08 built and tested the SMT ferrite idea. Massively paralleled BF862's are "guaranteed" to oscillate without some considerations since they are designed for AM radios not audio.

Alas, Old Age (and its consequences) is keeping me from this project. If you go to post #10 you will see a strip of miniature PCB's made for the BF devices used in this project. I have one of these strips and the BF862's to go on the strip.

I have made numerous attempts to solder the devices to the strip but poor eyesight and shaking hands keeps success at bay. Believe me, this is not a one or two attempt scenario but a concerted daily ongoing trial and error thing that creates suicidal tendencies!!

There are 14 pads on the strip as shown in post#10 . What I seek is an individual with the ability and courage to solder these together,with a barter deal of some sort to show my gratitude. It would be best if that (wonderful) person were in the US to keep it more manageable.

I can furnish solder and a flux pen for the job.
Hi SH,
I am happy to solder these together for you if you do not already have a hand. No need for barter or the rest, just send the pcb and BF862s. PM me and I will send you my home address.

Nick

I modified Juma's original board to accept SMD or through hole options for the BF862. Will someone with a trained eye please review the board and let me know if revisions are necessary.

If this board passes the QA of the forum and with Juma's permission I may do a small proto GB. Please let me know if you are interested and I can check pricing for a limited run.

Thanks, Nick

Attachments

• BF862_PreampSMD.JPG
    BF862_PreampSMD.JPG
    521.3 KB · Views: 2,970