Start a SOZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here the schematics...

Actual projects:
- SOZ,
- tube line and headphone preamplifier (LifePO4 batterie powered): waiting for the Sennheiser HD800,
- cheap EL34 SE for SABA greencones LS,
- and starting the big 845 SE amplifier.

Attachments

• soz-amplifier.pdf
    32.9 KB · Views: 262
I tried a ~5W SOZ with batterys. I can't recomend doing this
the constant recharging realy shortens the batterys life unless
you go to some realy big batterys. In my case 4 7AH gell cells
gave me less than an hour of music and they died after about
30 charge discharge cycles because they were not deep cycle rated.

Regardless of their intended use, it is always best to drain a battery no more than half way. I have heard that the battery cycle used in a Prius is very very gentle on the batteries. Remember the 100,000 mile warranty on the batteries. They need to last. Even the best of deep cycle batteries will have shortened life if drained 100%.

Vishay makes some pretty neat naked film caps, Wima, and Rifa makes some hefty film caps as well.
At any rate, you'll have a hard time not getting more for your money from any of the above mentioned, than from Mundorf.

Pic is an example of the Vishay naked PP film caps I recently bought, 164uF 500V.

Magura :)

Attachments

• dsc00218.jpg
    dsc00218.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 336
All this supposition...

This amplifier is my first project with semiconductors. My preference are tubes. But only bad guys never change the opinion.

And thanks, I know that other parts can be used. I know WIMA, and take a look a the new products. Big film capacitors with very good specifications.

I will built this one, SOZ or ZEN, I don´t care. Do the measurements and my comments.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.