Soundstream Class A 100 II - designed by Pass?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Nakamichi versions of the Threshold "Stasis" amplifiers stem from my designs. As far as I know, that's it...........

:cool:

I had one of those and the only problem I had with it was it sounded sooooo good I keep trying to drive it past it's designed power limits.

PS- I am dredging up this OLD thread as I am doing research to completely rebuild / restore my second favorite amps the Soundstream d100ii... I have two that will be made matching with matched components and all. Also I have a friend with an Adcom amp in his basement still new in the box. I may have to see if I can get him to dig it out for me. :D

My NAME IS Wade Stewart, I was Soundstreams design engineer from about 1981 to 1997. Nelson Pass designed the original D100, D50, Class A 100 and Class A 50. I copied Nelsons designs in the II series, the peolple at Soundstream did not want me to change anything so all I did was put Nelsons design on one PC board and fix a thermal runaway problem some of the first amps had, after that they let me pretty much do what I wanted, most of which were based in some way on Nelsons original designs
Thanks, Nelson
Wade Stewart

Wade-

Any chance you have a clean copy of the schematic available? I have one but my old eyes can't read all the values written and I didn't want to remove the actual components to measure them since the amp still works.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.