Amplifier recommendations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What amplifiers are recommended for Floorstanding speakers
from Von Schweikert like the VR-4SR?

The sound preference is very warm, with hugh 3d soundstage, that will make the singers to be in the room with presence. Smooth and detailed treble, and deep powerful bass.

The amplifer need to play pretty versatile geners of music.
like jazz, trance, pop, rock, ethnic, House, R&B...

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Aussieamp

I know what you mean by warm sounding amp
But I doubt you want that
But you wont want a "cold" clinical amp either
Ofcourse the nature of some amps are different
Its possible to build amps with a more forgiving nature
And such will probably sound realy nice, but you may loose other aspects you want

All you should need is an honest revealing amp
And preferably capeable of low impedance drive, rather than high output
Which means to NOT use the highest possible supply voltage

All the attributes you descibe is a matter of the speakers
And the rest of your source chain
If they cant do that on their own, no amp will help them further

Attachments

• _mg_2716_1-1 (wince).jpg
    _mg_2716_1-1 (wince).jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 375
Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
FOXYE said:

What amplifiers are recommended for Floorstanding speakers
from Von Schweikert like the VR-4SR?

The sound preference is very warm, with hugh 3d soundstage, that will make the singers to be in the room with presence. Smooth and detailed treble, and deep powerful bass.

The amplifer need to play pretty versatile geners of music.
like jazz, trance, pop, rock, ethnic, House, R&B...

I recommend you to build B1/F5 (easy to build and great sound), and connect these to Von...VR-4SR. If you do not like the sound from Von...VR-4SR, try to replace it with other speakers . . . till you find the best matching speakers . . .

Good luck!

:)

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
B1/F5 are diy amps . . . I mean here in this forum. Therefore, the building cost deviation must be quite wide from the mean. And, as I'm one of pure diyers building for my own, I never calculate the cost (and the margin).

If you are trying to find commercial Pass products which might be well matched with your nice speakers, you could find Pass product dealers near you. They could give you the best advices.

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.