Building a symmetrical PSU B1 buffer

Another Hypnotize is born. Thanks for the help and props for the design and board work.

Attachments

• IMG_0002 (5).JPG
    IMG_0002 (5).JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 723
  • IMG_0001 (5).JPG
    IMG_0001 (5).JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_0001 (3).JPG
    IMG_0001 (3).JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 680
I've forgotten how you edit over here at DIY but don't follow my depicted mistake, above. I don't know what I was thinking but I managed to get the input and output wiring reversed. It is now oriented correctly.:D

Strange thing, I was driving along and was thinking about this project when it dawned on me. When I got home I brought this thread up and looked at the first attached picture from my previous post. Yup, I are backwards.:eek:

Attached is a picture of the finished case. Mr. Fud is going to like this, methinks.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 616
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I've forgotten how you edit over here at DIY but don't follow my depicted mistake, above. I don't know what I was thinking but I managed to get the input and output wiring reversed. It is now oriented correctly.:D

Strange thing, I was driving along and was thinking about this project when it dawned on me. When I got home I brought this thread up and looked at the first attached picture from my previous post. Yup, I are backwards.:eek:

Attached is a picture of the finished case. Mr. Fud is going to like this, methinks.:)

Westend,
What kind of wire is that? Looks handy.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Vishay MKP1837 0.1u one on top, one underneath. Also Panasonic PPS from Selectronic. Its 10mm but you can bend its legs.

SELECTRONIC ::: L'univers électronique :::

Thats just what I've done; then I started having doubts about whether I should use bigger so thank you for confirming I'm ok with the MKP1837's. Hopefully my Mundorf caps will arrive in the next couple of days and I can fire it up and check out the voltages. I'm going to have to use a transformer with 20v secondaries and use my variac to not exceed 15v.
An R core is on order from Selectronique but they are in stock taking mode at the moment so it won't be shipped until after the 6th september. Obtaining parts is sometimes so frustrating:irked:

Westend,
What kind of wire is that? Looks handy.
Alpha Copper shield, teflon jacket, 3 x 22ga.. 2824/3. The stuff is fairly stiff but should keep RFI and EMI at bay. It is 24pf/ft. which might be too much for some applications but it still fairly low.
I picked up a partial reel at my favorite electronics surplus outfit, "Hole in the Wall Electronics".:D