Building a symmetrical PSU B1 buffer

Can anyone measure with ohm meter the V + and - side io the B1 ?
I'm about to power it up and just noticed that I measure 38ohm there. I guess it is not a problem because if I flip the ohm meter sides then I measure 36 ohm. So not the same, meaning the 2 2SK170 is doing this. Measuring 2 2sk170 same way, - and + side without B1, then I get 90 ohm, flipping the multimeter gives 70 ohm. I'm just a bit afraid I messed up something.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The output is grounded to mute for a sec during power on in a pcb Mez or Hypno. The hot signal side is switched in a Mez additionally and then routed through an onboard vol pot. OK yours is bare bones self arranged build so some cracks could be expected. Seems normal. Never switch it off if there is a dc coupled power amp in the chain that hasn't been switched off first. Remember that, the most and longest DC offset from no relay dcb1 will be at power down.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
There is nothing like that in the Mez so I could help out of experience, maybe your switches or the grounding, but you will be able to pinpoint it I hope. Have you used the one meg resistors across the outputs that you can see on the original PCB builds by the way?

Tried to connect the earthes, but no luck.
Thought it helped, because after turning everything on, then actually connecting the lines with the 2 switch, I heard nothing. Listened for a while. Sounds great.
Then before tunrning things off, wanted to disconnect things, so switched the amp side and BAMM. Freakin loud crack. I'll have to power off the amp before switching anything.
:(

Last edited: