Current mirror for the aleph?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What do you want to use the current mirror for? To what purpose? The Aleph-current source can be seen as a single transistor gain stage with a single transistor current source - it's just the real world that needs some paralleled fets in this position.

Have fun, Hannes

I had this...
aleph3_w_cm.gif

Any opinion/suggestion welcome.

Maybe you want to rework your drawing a bit, at the moment it looks more like a signal modulated cascode ;)

May I ask you what your idea behind using a current mirror is? More gain and more feedback? Or just playing around a bit?

Have fun, Hannes

Just playing around.

originally posted by h_a
Maybe you want to rework your drawing a bit, at the moment it looks more like a signal modulated cascode
You mean by having emitters and collectors reversed, right?

originally posted by Nelson PassThis is unlike current mirrors with which I am familiar.
Is it not the same fashion as the output stage (the sources feeding the drains) ?

Hi,

You mean by having emitters and collectors reversed, right?

Yup, and you maybe want also to think a bit about what a current mirror is and does...it's an active load. But you have already a load resistor drawn...

<the sources feeding the drains>

Reading the Aleph-owner's manual will help you understand the amp better ;)

Have fun, Hannes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.