Amp Logo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would I have NP's lawyers nipping at my butt if I use the following for my diy amp?:confused:

Attachments

• pass logo.jpg
    pass logo.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 654
I am guessing "no"

Its your amp and you can put anything you want on it. That said, the trademark and trade dress laws are called into play in the event that you try to sell or dispose of your amp to someone else. That other person should not be confused as to the source of the amp due to your label. Given that you have adopted a label that could be "confusingly similar" to that of Mr. Pass, you should be careful to neither advertise nor pass off the amp as coming from Pass Labs. Make sure you are honest as to the source of the amp and you will be fine. So I really don't think its a problem as long as you brag that it came from you, not Pass.

The point is that as a company has the right to prevent consumer confusion as to the actual source of the items by preventing others from using its marks and trade dress. As long as you are not causing confusion as to the source, you should be ok.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.