Maybe these forums need rearranging?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wikis are wacky at best. I've always wondered why there is not a seperate thread just for PCB's nd theor files?????? Alot of people put in alot of work to design them and then they just get lost in all the nonsense thats mixed in with everything else. Of course there has to be nonsense too, but lets give these guys a bit more respect for their efforts and file them neatly.
Mark

labjr said:
The problem I have is searching for example : Aleph X. It tells me the ord length is under 3 characters for " X" so i search without the "X" and the search is too broad. Is there a way around this?

Also I can't seem to use the Boolean thing.

Give the volume of posts on the subject, you probably have no choice but to spend time wading through it all. Now, this may seem tedious but I assure you it is nothing compared to wading through 25years worth of back issues, something I often did in the past.

ray

Imagine also, how much more additional stuff you'll learn on the way

Quite right Peter, there's a lot of seriously dull, dry, tedious, obscure and quite abstract academic texts and magazine articles written on the subject of the transitition of an individual's journey from 'beginner' to 'expert'. Unfortunately, it happens to be the subject matter for my dissertation this semester!

Part of being a beginner is not knowing what we don't know about a subject, so wading through the threads can be unexpectedly educational. Some of the most useful ideas I have learnt from this forum have been those I hadn't been looking for directly.

Regards

Paul

SuppersReady said:

Quite right Peter, there's a lot of seriously dull, dry, tedious, obscure and quite abstract academic texts and magazine articles written on the subject of the transitition of an individual's journey from 'beginner' to 'expert'. Unfortunately, it happens to be the subject matter for my dissertation this semester!

Part of being a beginner is not knowing what we don't know about a subject, so wading through the threads can be unexpectedly educational. Some of the most useful ideas I have learnt from this forum have been those I hadn't been looking for directly.

Regards

Paul

Not to mention what you learn about the other members here by going through the posts. You will gain a lot of insight into the members by reading about what they have done in the past. I enjoy a lot of the interaction with many of the members here almost as much as I enjoy doing the projects.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Nelson Pass said:
Yeah, it's a regular soap opera ;)

Nothing like a good soap opera, and it can get pretty good around here sometimes.

Rodd Yamashita

Attachments

• diyaudio_soap_01.jpg
    diyaudio_soap_01.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 151
labjr said:
How about a FAQ thread for some different subjects?

ALAS!

Good point here .......

And one more suggestion:

You english-spoken buddy's have all the benefits from the use of your own language. Sometimes we aliens need an explanation to some of the shorts - I know FAQ and DIY and BTW and a lot more but what about WTHDTM and all the others - lets have a thread on that. WDYT?

"Getting up to speed" with this Fourm was a lot of fun when i first
found the site. I didn't look at it as some kind of chore. Like Peter
mentioned, you learn a lot of stuff as you become familiar with the
community.

Have some patientence, do a lot of reading, get to know the fine
people who post here, and have some FUN!

Like others have said, i would have given anything to have this
resource available when i first got interested in diyAudio! Places
like this are what give the internet value... otherwise it's just
Spam, Viruses, more Spam, and Free Music... ;) (that was a joke!)

I think this forum is perfect as it is.

Well, I rather have more emoticons, but it is fine.

Sometimes, newbies (we) have a trend to think that everyone should write a book with all their knowledge and experiences for us to read. Besides, written in a comprehensive way, and since the beginning, with pictures, in our language, with exercises, nice pictures, never ending questions about tastes, and so on.

We have a very nice place here, you only have to learn how to enjoy it.

labjr, Welcome:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.