Is the F5 designed to be bridgable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm in the design process of the chassis for my 4 channels of F5 amplification and was wondeing if the F5 was able to bridge on the speaker outputs to accomplish a monoblock if more power is required. I looked to see if I could find the info myself but alas I went into search mode with no results. So with little experience around class A amplification I wonder if like the Monarchy audio class A amps you can get a decent amount of juice from them in Mono? Am I dreaming about having a bridged F5? Or is it actually a possibility? That's what I'da like to Knowa, Peace.

Speaks

Every amplifier is bridgeable - it's not not the question. How well will it perform bridge-tied is a real issue, and when we are talking F5 it depends on the load (current capability of the amp is what you should consider).
Your signature tells us that you love full range speakers and if you happen to have any of those 16 Ohm fullrangers bridging is the way to go. It will work nice for 8 Ohm speakers too, but I wouldn't go lower with bridged F5.
In any case reading the F5 article carefully is highly recomended ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.