John Lindsey Hood amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I soon will be building a JLH (Geoff's 2005 version) with two pairs of 2SA1943 2SC5200 Output Devices. I also bought a real deal Aleph 5 a while back (don't tell the wife) and hope to do a comparison.

One of these days I will finish the Brian GT Aleph 5 that's been 90% complete for about a year, I just need to free up some time....currently spending too much time building a 6SN7 Aikido linestage, and enjoying the Aleph....

Attachments

• jlh-2005-amp1.jpg
    jlh-2005-amp1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,273
Hi
Sorry Zen Mod,Cant find it on The Class-A Amplifier Site,only the 69 ver.
I keep going back to my 69-ver 15W (build 1984) with my (ancient) ineffective timewindows (speakers) This combination is VERY good with voice and unplugged (formerly known as acustic),but not enough power for Classic,rock...
I tried many amps with the "timewindows",the best result was with a 250W "mostube" (proberly unknown outside Denmark) But I like the sound of the old JHL,just want the same but with more power.Looking forward to hear the MJ15003

john65b
Thanks for the schematic,it really wet my appetite.
Anywhere i can find more info? Connections,PSU,mayby some do and dont....from the experts.
Im making this at the moment:Class-A power amplifier project | Current-Drive - The Natural Way of Loudspeaker Operation
just waiting for some components.
I would like to compare it with the JLH 2005

Jan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.