19.6 KB · Views: 885
  • output_ba1.png
    output_ba1.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 880
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is some explanation of the various boards:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/150653-burning-amplifier-ba-2-a-15.html#post2020813

The Gain board , which is in a fetching mirror image format, works for a BA-1 or BA-2

The BA-1 bias boards and output boards are specific to the BA-1 and are single ended.

When a variation on the Gain board comes out it will work with these bias and output boards, just substitute the new gain stage, and viola-new amp!

Mark

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
CViller, from what I can see, we need two output boards per channel, one for positive rail, one for negative rail. Can you confirm that?

Happy Holidays guys.
Happy holidays to you!

I am quite sure that only one output board is needed per channel, the devices alternate, but I'm sure cviller will pop up soon and remove all doubt..
Mark

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK, the BA-1 and BA-2 boards are available at the "Secret" diyAudio store just for you wanting Burning Amps!

http://www.diyaudio.com/secretstore/

The thing to keep in mind is that the boards are "beta" for now because no one has completed an amp.

So there is a slight chance that there will be issues with some aspect of the boards. If so, it should be easy to fix, as the boards are modular so that everything wouldn't have to be replaced if there is some tremendous issue with one of them. If there is a big problem we will replace the defective boards, if it is just a matter of a jumper wire and cutting a trace, or bending leads to insert them, then that won't be considered a serious defect.

If you aren't willing to be a pioneer, we suggest that you wait for the go-ahead once an amp of the model that you want is proven.

On the other hand, we want people to build some, so for the 2 first amps of each type that are reported to work, with posted photo documentation , we will give the member who makes them store credit for the cost of the boards towards any future purchase. So the boards would be pretty much free for those that make the first 2 amps of each type.

Looking forward to the reports. And please post here if there is a problem with the store.

Variac

Last edited: