A40 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mr.Pass,

Do you not think that we are ready for an A-40 Mk2? ;)

Regerds,

Jam

Attachments

• title.jpg
    title.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 508
So since there are no pcb's from audioexpress Iam considering doing up a new one. So any changes to recommend?
Will be adding an offset trim pot and probably degeneration resistors on input stage. A ccs other than the hard to find jfet might be in order as well.
Also may be going to mosfet outputs as well.
Screw terminal blocks for connections are to go on too.
Hmmm this is beginning to sound like a whole new design.
Still think this would be a good pick to drop into a Hafler
And much less $$$ than the musical concepts pcb.

My A40 boards ended up with between ±57~±95V on them, the latter with six pair of MJ15024/25 doing 600W/4R (class AB).

RE: a new board,

The Vas and its ccs need to have an extra pad so TO-126 devices may be used, as well as EBC parts (I used MPSU10/60 and 2N3440/5415)

Maybe this thread is dead now... but I want to build the A40. Mostly because I came across a bunch of original output transistors. And I have this vacant chassis... :)

Anyone knows where to buy a set of PCBs?

Thanks for any help!

(In the meantime I'm building the Aleph 5, will I be disappointed with the A40 in a direct comparison?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.