Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th April 2003, 02:14 PM   #1
harrym is offline harrym  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Choice of output mosfets for Pass A75

HI, I'm new to this forum and it is a fantastic site for those of us interested in building their own equipment. I wish I had known of this site when I started my project to build the Pass/Thaggard A75 amplifier some years ago.

Anyway, I am hoping to finish construction of this project soon. I have assembled and tested the main PCB. For the output mosfets I have the IRF 630 and IRF 9630 combination. The parts recommended in the original article (IRF230/IRF9231) were not available. Does anybody in the forum have any thoughts about the suitability of the 630/9630 mosfets for the A75 ? Would you recommend another more suitable and currently available combination. I would be very grateful for any responses before I go ahead and install the mosfets on to the heatsinks.

Thanking you in advance

Harish
Old 18th April 2003, 07:26 PM   #2
The one and only

They will probably work perfectly. Worst case is that you have to adjust the compensation a bit, which is covered in the article.

Hide this!Advertise here!