Pearl upgrade!!!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Post #11 That's odd. I could be wrong, but the last Pearl board I saw was a mono channel and it had space for parallel Jfets that I don't recall in the MM stage. No matter. Wayne has been threatening an update for a long time. I think Colin has convinced him that the Pearl needs to be offered anew. Of course Colin happens to need a new phono stage, so the motive may not be completely altruistic.

Hello All!

A Quote from Mr Pass yesterday.
Hope he does not tease us to long.

Cheers:)

just 96 Hits with such a title :rolleyes:
I guess it is not a upgrade concerning the circuit. But it might have the "official" opportunity to take 2 Jfets instead of a double one. You can easily tweak it in existing boards.

besides, my pearl sounds very nice (and of course thanks for that), but a friend measured a 4 db bump in the bass region. Mine sounds a bit bumpy too, and makes it difficult to integrate to CD-Players sound in the system. Has anyone a RIAA tweak for the pearl (or do your pearl measure well?)

stefan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.