D1 clone without enhancements? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st March 2009, 01:12 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

And corresponding schematic...

The question here is do I need to sequence the cap on the Iout trace or is connecting at the IRF610 pin sufficient??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d1iv_input.jpg (26.9 KB, 457 views)
Old 30th March 2009, 12:30 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default Rip it up and start again....

Thanks to ALDO I have a clearer picture of the layout of the D1 Rev0, and as a result I've ripped up most of the layout I'd done and have reworked the component placement based on this new information.

I've noticed that the 3.3K resistors (R26/R33 on the schematic in the post above) in the I/V are different to the rest of the resistors. In the Rev0 dac these appear to be something like holco's while the rest are dale. In the 24/96 version they look like dale RN60's while the other resistors are the standard Pass issue industrial items. It appears the aim is to reduce the noise contribution from this resistor which is at the input of the I/V stage.

At this stage the plan is to do a small run of the boards, which should come in at bit less than $100US for 4 layer motherboard (11.5" x 7.5"), daughter board, and front panel.
Old 28th April 2009, 10:20 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default AT&T RX

I've finally managed to source a handful of AT&T ODL 50 Series II receiver modules. The units are pulls but apparently in very good condition. Anyway this means the daughter board can be done without resorting to a fistful of smd components.

A couple of D1 owning members have very kindly shared pics of the interior which has been extremely helpful.

Current status: I have partial layouts for MB, Daughter board and front panel and have made a start on controller software.

Hide this!Advertise here!