diyAudio (
-   Pass Labs (
-   -   An external mono switch (

Paul Ebert 9th February 2009 12:18 PM

An external mono switch
Here's a (possibly embarrassingly) simple question. How do I build a mono switch?

I'm designing some speakers and I'm tweaking the crossover on the one of the pair that I have gotten to the point of being able to do so. So I'd like to feed it a mono signal, but my Pearl has no such feature.

Can someone provide me a circuit I can put in a little box to go between the preamp and the amp for this purpose?

By the way, the Pearl is absolutely fantastic.

Nelson Pass 9th February 2009 11:18 PM

Take two resistors, each of which is about the rated load impedance
of the source, usually 10Kohm. Twist them in series and connect each
end to the two channels. The center twisted connection is your mono.


Paul Ebert 10th February 2009 01:45 AM

Thanks, Nelson. I really appreciate it. Time for an RS run!

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:55 AM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2