Aleph 2 - The Final Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just finished one monoblock of my Aleph 2. It makes good sound, but I am wondering whether there is something wrong with my build. I was expecting the heatsink to be scorching hot, but turning the amp on for more than 1 hour and measuring the temperature at one of the MOSFETs mounting bolt, it settles at only 56.7 degree C (around 20C ambient). The heatsinks are only warm and I can put my hands on the heatsinks forever.

My heatsink is the 10.080" profile from HeatsinkUSA:
10.080" - HeatsinkUSA, LLC Store

I am using 4 pieces of 9 inch long section per monoblock (3 MOSFET mounted on each 9 inch piece). It is guesstimated at 0.80 C/W/3 inch. So theoretically my setup is around 0.80/(4x3 inches) = 0.067 C/W.

More info on the build:
1kVA trafo
16 x 15000 uF electrolytics (2.7 mH inductor)
Power supply output at 50V
IRFP244 matched within 10mV
Parts BOM per kk-pcb (Pass Labs ALEPH-2 DIY amplifier PCB)

Maybe I should not worry about all these and just enjoy it. :D

firt ..did you build up a amplifier? or you think that you build up a radiator .
just check bias & AC gain ...and then enjoy it 01 week .. and then open it ... modify .. enjoy it... and then open it ... that DIY get fun.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.