ImPasse Preamplifier

Well, the amp I have is AMS1000-2600. In the manual,for balanced inputs, the input impedance varies between 1,37 and 14,5 Kohms. Meanwhile, I'm reading Jensen's doc (as060), for unbalanced input / balanced output, it says "output loads should match and be >20Kohms...", believe the same with cinemag

Some new (and old) Maida regulator PCB's with heater take-off. These also allow for using two electrolytic in series when the HV is higher than what SY had originally specified:

Attachments

• Maida_2Boards.jpg
    Maida_2Boards.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 634
  • Maida2_Schematic.png
    Maida2_Schematic.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:
Hi, yes, I thought the same. All these transformers seem to be quite cheap in the us but are very expensive once imported. I'm struggling to find anything like this made over here. There seems to be quite a good choice of main power transformers 200ma or so but then they're a comparable price anyway. Does anyone know of a decent uk supplier for such things.
I was hoping Danbury would have something but there were no stock transformers listed on their website.

Hello, I would also like to add a tube power regulated supply and was wondering if this one here would work
Tube Power regulator DIY PCB w/parts, ref Jadis/LS-57

Here are the specs:Tube Base Power Regulator PCB w/parts
using EL84 Tubes
Circuit design based on Jadis preamp
Model No: LS-57, Assembled and tested

(LS-57, tube based power regulator)

-Circuit design reference Jadis preamp
-High voltage section using 6X4, EL84, 12AU7
-Voltage can be adj. from 150V to 400V
-Two heater regulator 6.3V~ 12.6VDC adjustable
-using LM317 for heater regulation
-2.4mm thick gold plated fiber glass
-PCB with 2oz copper

Optional Items:
-Matched 100VA R CoreTransformer
-matched new tubes: 6X4 x 1(EH), EL84x1 (EH), 12AU7x 1 (EH) USD53 + USD12 shipping
-LS-9 preamplifier board

Thank you for your response. Other than the dealer, would something like that be suitable?

No way to tell, unless the schematic is there but I'm missing the link.

Jadis would be the last circuit I'd ever copy, if indeed this is actually a copy. But when someone is in the theft business, they are likely to steal whatever they can get more money for.

No way to tell, unless the schematic is there but I'm missing the link.

Jadis would be the last circuit I'd ever copy, if indeed this is actually a copy. But when someone is in the theft business, they are likely to steal whatever they can get more money for.

Well, I certainly do not want to support that. I was wondering if you knew of any diy tube psu that would work with the Impasse? Thank you very much!