Old School F5 by ZM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:

Finally a Zen/F amp that mighty ZM found worthy of building;) Just like everyone else, more or less:xeye:

:)

:devilr:

naah really ;)

friend of my friend have F5 signed by Papa ( tip - last BAF)
he gave that F5 to his friend ( friend of friend of my friend ) and associate , for test with his ancient AR spks
he was thrilled
but sad ...... cause he doesn't have money for original ...... and he isn't good even in puzzle - thing - ing electronic puzzles
then first friend (friend of my friend) send him to ZM
then ZM made his first boxed Papamp , for price of parts .

every other Papamp lived from 2 days to 2 months in my workdshop , made in ikebana style, just laying on mdf plate or just ( one or two) brutal heatsink(s)

later I dismantled every single one .... with parts laying and waiting for next Papatoy .

but - I'm always coming back to my old & rusty ECL82SE ..... fleawatt

btw. - happy (probably - if OS F5 survive direct comparison with Papasigned F5) owner of OS F5 9 (friend of friend of my friend) is going to made brute OBs , with two 15" + SFR200 per side

*edited "friend of friend" stuff

:rofl:

Vix said:
I hear voices...

Papa in the background..typing a new article...."MUhahahhaha....ZM just built an F5, but when he sees THIS One....Muhahhahaha...."

And I hear ZM "Bad Papa, baaddd!!! :smash:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh yeah, the F6, rumoured to be 100 watt monoblocks with Lovoltech's;) Cant wait to see it, and the amp-cases are ready and waiting:smash:

BTW I just brought the U.P.'s to a friend of mine, this afternoon, with really hungry speakers. La Folia with a max impedance of 3ohm!! Drops to lower than you would like to know about!!! The U.P.'s did great, I tell you!! They simply rocked the place...he-he. But now he wants a UGS preamp:whazzat: Thats the outcome of such an event.. Oh well, pretty impossible....

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
twitchie said:
:devilr: ugly! :devilr:

How hot do those heatsinks get?

naah ...... just right , even considering summer temps ....... that's just sissy 55W of dissipation per channel.....

I'm burning almost same heat in any proper preamp :devilr:

steenoe said:

Me wondering too? Probably too hot, ........

look up

steenoe said:

..... down there in Hravatski;) Probably didnt spell that correctly.... .........

certainly wrong spelled Serbia

:rofl:

steenoe said:

..... Anyways, take a look at these guys!! They rock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHgOh9ZyEzo&feature=related

:D

speaking of that - look for Hazmat Modine .....

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• yy.gif
    yy.gif
    56.3 KB · Views: 462
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:
Kind of ugly ... No?

BTW: congrats on your newb Pass build, not bad for a first effort - ;)

nice avatar , you ......... CY :clown:

tell me more , please ( you noticing how polite I'm , suddenly ) .....
here , or in official OT sticky ...

btw. I didn't even dreamed that my first Papamp will be so well recognized ........

Attachments

• 3d smile 11.gif
    3d smile 11.gif
    21.3 KB · Views: 449
Zen Mod said:

btw. I didn't even dreamed that my first Papamp will be so well recognized ........

Well, it's nice to see you finally coming up to speed with the rest of us
:clown:

Avitar is just my Econowave rendition - not much to say except... They sound pretty good ;) I like it better than the 811b 902 Altec combo. Different type of beast though.....

As you know, my version seems to like lots 'o' power. And the more you give em the more they open up. I know it's not your style but the sound suits me. A class A amp big enuff would break my wallet in energy. Leach amp under construction (feeling like a traitor).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.