Old School F5 by ZM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:

Well, it's nice to see you finally coming up to speed with the rest of us
:clown:

Avitar is just my Econowave rendition - not much to say except... They sound pretty good ;) I like it better than the 811b 902 Altec combo. Different type of beast though.....

As you know, my version seems to like lots 'o' power. And the more you give em the more they open up. I know it's not your style but the sound suits me. A class A amp big enuff would break my wallet in energy. Leach amp under construction (feeling like a traitor).

gimme pics ;

horns are always "my style " :clown:

( even if Leach isn't )

edit :

I'll keep reminding ya forever that you owe me a beer for EW tip :rofl:

I'll stick one here......

the rest look at your nebloblie email...

Edit: I tried, the beer wouldn't fit in the envelope.

Attachments

• dcp_06551.jpg
    dcp_06551.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 522
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
chinsettawong said:
Hi Zen Mod,

That's a really nice work!

I notice that you put a thermister on your power supply ground. What is the purpose of that?

Wachara C.

NTC between audio ground and chassis safety earth - that's Papa's clever way of lifting audio ground from earth potential , but securing safety in case of massive failure of power xformer ;

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jacco vermeulen said:

Seriously, the output stage blocks are really neat, yummy heatsink catch.
(the entire shabang just looks so...Counterpoint)

Jacco - are you feeling well?
that's first time that you ever said something nice , even remotely , for anything I did .....
kwayzee dutchie

:rofl:

jacco vermeulen said:

So pull down your dancing trousers and have fun with the total and utter king of Fock'n'Troll.
(courtesy of The Young at heart old Ones)

sometimes I really need to read trice what you wrote ......... and even then I can't be sure what you meant ;
but - as usual - mighty ZM found solution ........ I just take most craziest meaning I can think of .......

:clown:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jacco vermeulen said:
Sigh, you guys are still rookies in the old fart department : Utter King
(the would-be medicine student Vyvyan was my ab-fave character of The Young Ones, pretty obvious)

well - how I missed that ........ :clown:

anyway - that's somehow in a middle of my range of favorite weirdness ......

either more normal , or more insane ...... but that's ....... just half of everything ;)

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Speaker set up for F5

( there is patent pending OB for Sonidos - without front baffle , just wings ........ )

Choky, my wife would kill for speakers like that. That's right...she would kill me for bringing those into our living room.

How much for patent? Is the secret in the dimensions of the wings?

Maybe we can trade. I have an ancient map of lost Incan treasure that a nice gentleman sold me for 2 Peruvian Soles in a market in Lima. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.