The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Stajo, Could be a nice trip. I might suggest to add a trip up the Leelanau Peninsula in Michigan and visit Door County in Wisconsin. These are the two peninsulas that are mirror image on Lake Michigan. Would you fly into/out of Chicago? Paper maps are available at the "Welcome Centers" for Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana. You could check with the Tourism Departments of those states to see if they would send you maps and travel information before you arrive.

Stajo, Could be a nice trip. I might suggest to add a trip up the Leelanau Peninsula in Michigan and visit Door County in Wisconsin. These are the two peninsulas that are mirror image on Lake Michigan. Would you fly into/out of Chicago? Paper maps are available at the "Welcome Centers" for Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana. You could check with the Tourism Departments of those states to see if they would send you maps and travel information before you arrive.

Thanks for those tips, and about Door County I've heard it before. I might just, if time allowes, do a shortie up there. Any specific destination you recommend there? Google maps does allow me just about those waypoints so I couldnt get more in detail.

Plan is to airdrop to O'Hare and also out, usually good selection of directs to/from there. I will surely look for papermaps, thanks!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
just got news from Irish Dodo :)

Gee! just got home 2 hours ago from Hospital after 10-11 days...x3 by-pass grafts - taken veins from L. arm - to heart arteries. 105% surgical success... but light Warfarin mistake (OD) = blood too thin.
Al;so some lung infection, now better, Poor oxygen retention - improving. Me? 110% happy and f''ing tired.

By Mon-tues I will post with less tech detail....don't want any really bad case DoDo trying DIY Heart Surgery!!

Take care ZM - and thanks for concern,