The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Sorry to hear that Cal. But one has to think that it could have been worse. What constantly "amazes" well, perplexes me is the fact that big sh*t usually gets triggered by very small, tiny and "insignificant" things or events...Well, maybe that's why I tend to become paranoid over something that could, in somebody else's point of view, be regarded as "insignificant"...Now I hope that those big Altecs are OK...
By the way, I like this forum because of the moral support of other members, in good and bad days...Now gotta go to bed...wanted to watch "Cosmos" but feeling too tired to search/watch it tonight...

:confused::confused:

All down at the girlie bar again?:rolleyes::scratch:

your certainly not in the 'Oirish Bar....I've just been there for a look.......only familiar thing I saw was a weiner in the most dreadful red/orange hairpiece I ever saw....and smoking shamrock shag in a clay pipe. Can only be a renegade STASI tracking dawg in plain clothes.

:drink::drink:

COME BACK RED VOLVO....ALL IS FORGIVEN....AND BRING THE GRAPPA WITH YOU!:cool:

They are very brave dogs. Few breeds will face up to a wild boar or badger. Daschshunds will and do. A sad story: kids being savaged and even killed by dangerous dogs is almost a daily occurrence in the UK. Attack/protection dogs have no place near children or in the ownership of vicious idiots. Its gang culture I'm afraid.

Sorry not to have noticed you ZM; you must have been in deep meditation on whether to clear the 4 years drek from the pub floor. If you do, be really careful, that big dollop on the chair in the dark corner could just be Red Volvo. [And I guess that's c2c beside it.]

It is a sad, but very uplifting story at the same time..
I hope Leo will be a dog heaven, where even the fence is made ​​of sausages.
I hope the owner of Leo, he will be find another dachshund.
Who might not be a hero like Leo, but it might be able to fill the void, what left behind Leo.

I appreciate all the prayer of Sofia's parents.
It would have been terrible to lose a child, especially under these circumstances.
I particularly understand this.

And your dog Zen?
It is also very sad story.
In my life, my dogs are always represented an era.
I had two. They has the same name: Léda.
Yes they were family members, as the cats now.:)
And it was terrible when they passed away.
So I understand your sorrow.

Kind regards,
Gyuri

no hiss, no howls. just some pretty sweet music :)

fired up "The Production Setup" to see if the newly acquired pre-amp plays nice.

(sounds great... the A3 isn't even warmed up yet!) :cool:

nohiss-nohowls.jpg

updated the source component from Apple Nano (7th gen) to:

Pioneer CLD-D704 (used as transport)
Peter Daniel's filter-less DAC (AudioSector)

:) large improvement :) - or maybe the Aleph being warmed up for a few hours helped -

:cool:
stereo-update_sm.jpg

-----> notice all the dust? it's a crime to have gear sitting in storage - no matter what
the reason... having a lot of fun dragging this stuff out and finding it still works, AND
still sounds great!!!

Cool Brian! I had the lads over yesterday so I broke up with my springnoboozejusttrainingandeatingheathystuffsillyness and caught up on a real hangover. feels good except that I have to take the train to pick up another TD-150 north up city today. Have an L75 to bid on also.

I think we decided to attend the Burning Man festival with something spectacular also. O my...

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hey C2. Some friends found this bum in the back alleys of Nashville. Now he is coming to Sweden to play. Ya know him?

Here is where they found him

We have thousands of musicians roaming the streets and clubs here Stajo. It always breaks my heart a little bit to know that only about one in one thousand will ever really get a good shot at "making it" in the mainstream music business but the cruel fact of life is that there are only so many recording studios and producers and promoters and not enough of them to meet the demand. So a great many people that would make great stars will never see their dream come true. Same thing goes for writers and artist. :violin: