The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Me like your idea.

Actually we are going out tonight. You see, 100 days ago I gave up tobacco. At $2.50 per day, that translates to the fact I was down to one cigar per day, that's $250 dollars saved, not to mention the lungs. We are going to celebrate and spend a little of those savings. Normally we are so damn domesticated that to tell you the truth, I can't remember the last time we went out. I know it's Thursday and all but you gotta do what you gotta do...

Cheers! :cheers:

Why did you steal British Summer weather?

About Giving up smokes I got my medication now (toke only 2 weeks)

Gogole up Champmix

Champix Information and Stopping Smoking

Woks fine for me, day 3 and only one smoke so far in the morning.

Hopefully this time I will go past day 92 and decide that is to much to give up for the sake of "having just one fag today"

Vancouver is not like the rest of Canada. Although we have rain at different times of the year from the 'Isles', our overall rain and temp is not too different. I only posted our weather because we went for a whole week without rain in March and the temp was so nice I took my shirt off and almost got harpooned during a recent beach walk. ;)

Not kidding about the 'stop lighting them'. No matter what it takes, stop lighting the ****ers. They are bad. You know it, your loved one knows it, the whole world knows it, yet we continue to light up. Why? Because we like smoking. I love smoking. But, and it's a huge but, when I look at those around me, it was time to make a decision. If you are ready, you'll do it. I wish you the most strength that a person can offer over the internet.

My math is not so good but December 19 [my 50th birthday] was the last time I lit up so it's a little more than 100 days but whatever. Find a way, any way, to make that promise to yourself, which when you get down to it, is really a promise to them, and do it.

This is really hard to say because here it is 107 days later and I want nothing more than to go out on my balcony and light up. Taste that sweet cigar cured tobacco aroma entering my lungs and filling my veins with the calmness and sweetness than only a well deserved smoke can give. Right?

No. I am glad I looked at who my friends really were and tobacco wasn't one of them. I wish you strength my friend, 'cause when you get down to it, that all you really need.

Tanks for support smokes is weel in hand I be smoke free in 2 weeks

About nice Cuban once in a while ar same mother-nature when avvaliable those do not qualify as smoking and are exempt...

About Summer weather -1 this morning on may way to work

Was expetting answer sumthink like:
stole your weather because we like our grass greener

to which:
You pubworthy dodo may keep it prety please...:D:D:D

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
in anticipation of nicer weather , I just got few Blumen & Holz pictures from Vaterland

where Golden Ear-ed ones are going for inspiration

:clown:

Attachments

• GerdMainz13.jpg
    GerdMainz13.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 82
  • GerdMainz2.jpg
    GerdMainz2.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 79